Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So Wrong... They're Right

Confession... I like to laugh.  Not much of a confession, however,  I like to laugh a lot.  Big loud hardy laughs.   Really though, who doesn't?   Each day on the various social networks I frequent, I am guaranteed several good laughs.   I'm always amazed by the genuinely clever people out there, living amongst us, delivering one liners left and right.   With that in mind, I want to share with you a few sites I get a kick out of.

 
My first suggestion is on Twitter as @OHnewsroom  which stands for OverHeard in the newsroom.  This page posts up daily some of the best overhead quotes in newsrooms around the United States.   This page has approximately 9000 followers, which has doubled from 2 months ago!

 
  • Anchor being introduced to new intern: “The name’s Rick. The ‘P’ is silent.”
  • On-Call Reporter: “I’m glad I got called in today. It will keep me from drinking as much.”
  • Over-worked and underpaid Editor: “The only thing I do well anymore is bitch.”
  • "What’s the world coming to when Ryan Seacrest has a stalker?”
  • At a student journalism conference: “Pull quotes are like condoms. You only need one.”

 

 
My second favorite suggestion on Twitter is @shitmydadsaysThis is posted by Justin, 29 years old living with this 73 year old father.  "He is awesome.  I just write down shit that he says".  This page has over 650,000 followers and is a bit colorful in its language. 

 
"You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon."


"The baby will talk when he talks, relax. It ain't like he knows the cure for cancer and he just ain't spitting it out."


"Remember how you used to make fun of me for being bald?...No, I'm not gonna make a joke. I'll let your mirror do that."


"I wanted to see Detroit win. I've been there. It's like God took a shit on a parking lot. They deserve some good news."


"The worst thing you can be is a liar....Okay fine, yes, the worst thing you can be is a Nazi, but THEN, number two is liar. Nazi 1, Liar 2"


"My flight lands at 9:30 on Sunday...You want to watch what? What the fuck is mad men? I'm a mad man if you don't pick me the hell up."

 
An all time fave of mine is @BluntCard   I originally met Mike (site's creator, designer, copywriter, editor, talent, everything) on Myspace a few years back but now you can find most of his goods here at his homepage on Bluntcard. In Myspace's hayday, Mike would get up to 11,000 hits to his page PER DAY!  Now... with the slow choking death of MySpace, you can find Blunt Card on several social networks. Here is a sampling of his work... and again, be forewarned:  It's colorful and targets every group within mankind. 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Twitter has been a little bit of Utopia for comedians.  Two I like to follow are Jim Gaffigan and Michael Ian Black.  Here's Michael's post from one hour ago.  "My son is reading this over my shoulder. Hey busybody, I'm not your real dad." They tweet often & frequently post photos.  Awesome. 
 
Other sites throughout several social networks draw large crowds.  One is FAIL.   Below is a typical "fail" and below that is a very rare "win".
 




 

and  Cake Wrecks   Yet another reason not to order over the phone.  Goodness.


and People of Walmart  This one is titled "Lots of Tail".  Notice the guy's rat tail... when you divert your eyes from the other "tail" on the girl.
 


and Awkward Family Photos.  Wha?... Wher?... Huh?


   Almost all of these creative page owners pretty much became overnight sensations and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.   Enjoy.
 
 

No comments: