Friday, September 25, 2009

Meeting the Guys from TRAIN Didn't Go As Planned...






It went so much BETTER!

Yaaahoooooo! Yesterday, I had to muster up a little intestinal fortitude to take advantage of an opportunity (and subtle hint) to meet... (in order in the photo) guitarist, Jimmy Stafford, drummer, Scott Underwood and my old friend and lead singer, Pat Monahan (yeah right... met him once at a meet n greet in 2007)... the guys of Grammy Award winning TRAIN. If you've read previous posts, you know I adore this band!




I'm pretty sure I was too giggly, a little over animated and I'm certain my hands were shaking. Good grief... how old am I? LOL! I had to take this opportunity for they were in Kansas City playing for a private party last night. Kansas City is not on the first leg of their tour for their new album "Save Me San Francisco" coming out Oct. 27th. I was crushed. With Jimmy facebook'n about being in town and their tour manager, Thomas O'Keefe, doing the same and then the band tweeting about it too... I couldn't just sit and do nothing. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't try? I'd been giving them so much grief and ribbing through social networks, for leaving KC off the tour... this was inevitable. I caught up with them post interview and acoustic set at radio station Mix 93.3 in Westport, a cultural and music mecca for Kansas Citians. As expected, all three were charming and made me feel comfortable and left me feeling like they weren't in a rush. It would have been very easy to take a picture with a fan and then bolt... but they didn't. I am so glad. Of course it makes me love them even more. Tour manager, Thomas O'Keefe, was also friendly and helpful. He took the photo so I had to include him in one as well. The band assured me they'd be coming through town on the 2nd leg of their new album tour. Fantastic! We'll catch up more then. (LOL! In my dreams) On a side note... you should have seen this cool wide leather bracelet Scott was wearing... kind of steampunk and you know how I like that. His necklace was a little industrial too, check it out in the photo.






A friend of mine sent this quote to me today... completely oblivious of what went down yesterday... "Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'." -John Greenleaf Whittier.


I'm so happy I took the opportunity to meet these amazing artists... no regrets baby!!!


Follow TRAIN... Train on Twitter Train on Facebook Train on the web for schedules of their latest tour and information. They put on some of the funnest concerts I've ever been too... (my husband too) and I'm a concert whore. I've been to too many! I can't wait to see TRAIN in action again!

No comments: