Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just What I Needed "An Unexpected Delight"

A friend of mine, Jennifer, recently said "I love how women take care of women".  I had one of those lovely moments a week ago.  I had just taken my husband to the airport (San Fran bound) and he'd be gone for a week.  I asked my children after he left, "Did Daddy have anything set up for me for Mother's Day?"  They blankly looked at me and then each other, shrugged their shoulders and said "No".  Hmmm...  really?   Crap.  I thought maybe he'd hand them a $20 and tell them to take me out to Sheridan's for ice cream.... or something.  My daughter said she made something at school and my son said he had something of his own too... and that's wonderful!  I was also hoping for something a little "grown up".  Does that make sense?


The day was fully under way and by noon, a knock at my door by a lovely delivery woman holding a large box, smiled and handed it to me saying,  "Looks like a winner to me."   


I hesitated opening it thinking for a moment it came to the wrong home.  The box was so beautiful and besides, the driver quickly drove away. I couldn't resist.  So I tore into it.  Lots of beautiful tissue paper (only a woman would appreciate that, right? LOL) and the first thing I pulled out was a gorgeous green etched glass pitcher!


Wha??  Certainly this isn't for me.  Who is this from?  I found a gold card with a hand written note from my friends via social media (and one from SME too) Christine Hamele and Kelly Cooper of Parris Communications.  "We wanted to recognize all of your efforts as a social media maven and Mamapreneur.   Hope you enjoy the exceptional gift experience from Cambria Cove!".   I had to sit down.


I was so excited and so happy they did this for me... just when I was feeling on the verge of neglected... and they saved the day!  I didn't open anything else but instead went right for the phone to thank Christine.  I was gushing, talking too fast and I hope she could tell just how appreciative I was.  Keep in  mind, I hadn't even seen the rest.  LOL!   Here is the jackpot they sent me... 


A wonderful candle in a pink ceramic container, WITH lid.  A gorgeous set of notecards that remind me of Amy Butler fabrics.  A gold and white zenia patterned journal that has a nifty built in pocket in the back.  Christine never could have known, but I love that stuff!  I tuck things away all the time ... now I have a spot with my journal!  Brilliant.  The two white doves are soap!!!! They came in the cool bird nest and there's a white ceramic little bowl they are sitting in too.  
Now look at this gorgeous bracelet!  KABLAM!  There's my Mother's Day jewelry I always secretly want!  Bonus: It's silver!


I am thrilled to the core with my unexpected gifts.  They were just what I needed.  You have no idea.  Well... maybe Christine and Kelly actually did.  I have been online with Cambria Cove this last week and on their Facebook Page which looks relatively new... so "like" them if these type of goodies are right up your alley.  The website has great ideas for Father's Day... calling them "Handsome gifts for dashing dads".  Love it!  


Thanks again Christine and Kelly for your timely thoughtfulness.   You are a shining example of people doing things right...  making someone feel valued.   MWUA!  XOXOXOX  


I'm a forever fan of Christine and Kelly. I'm a new fan of ...

1 comment:

cardinal arts said...

what a lucky little girl you are!
__a